Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Diary Entry #16

                                                     Wednesday, April 24th, 2013, 6:46 pm
Dear Online Diary,
  Hey everybody! Today I'm going to tell you about the day that my person's Grandma left, because there was a lot more to that day. (All pictures from this post were taken on April 16th.)  
  Hey, today we are dropping my person's Grandma off at the airport. :-(
                         I brought my little purse with me.
            Backing out of the driveway....(I love our flower bush!)
  The day didn't match our mood, it was bright and sunny out.









(I'm sorry, I couldn't seem to stop taking pictures of the beautiful sky!) Just a couple more.....
 
  Then we got lost, so we stopped at a nearby police station to ask for directions. (Hey, don't judge, Pittsburgh is a big city that is easy to get lost in!!!!)


That's where we had to stop.
Getting closer..... (sorry that the picture is so dark)


Here we are.... 
We all got out and said goodbye to my person's Grandma.  Then, she decided to head inside so that she could get through security and not miss her plane.
                                            Driving away.
 Goodbye Grandma, we will miss you. (Do you see the plane in the background? Not actually her plane, just for the extra effect :-D)
Then, I heard a loud noise from down below. What was that???
Who...... It can't be....
                                        Holy cow! It's Joy!!!
After I helped her up, we hugged ♥
 
We talked for a while, and I found out that she would be staying with us for a week or two, and then she would fly to South Carolina. She told me that her family is already in South Carolina, but she told her mom and person about wanting to see me, and they arranged it all! Apparently, when we got out of the vehicle to say goodbye to my person's Grandma, Joy climbed inside and hid!
 
I showed her that I brought Samantha along, and she wanted to hold her.
  After about 45 minutes of talking, Joy was tired, and wanted to take a short nap. I don't blame her. She had a long trip!
 I know we're almost home when I see this little place. I call it "Groundhog Village" because you can see a lot of groundhogs! Too bad none of them decided to watch the cars drive by today....
                                           We're home!

When I showed her my bedroom, she was wondering what the Nancy Drew poster in my closet was. We read some of the books for a while, and she really liked them. Then, I remembered that I got the Nancy Drew movie for my 9th birthday last year. We made put in the movie, and were watching it. We let Samantha watch too, because it wasn't too scary.


When the movie was over, we decided to play with Samantha for a little bit. Joy is in gymnastics, and so she taught her some cartwheels. With me being in ballet, I wanted to teach her to dance like I do!


 Soaring through the air!
 When we were done playing with Samantha, we realized that we were really hungry. We ate some oranges and pretzels. (Do you see the table cloth? That was from the birthday party, and it hasn't been taken off yet!!!!)
  But..... everyone knows you can't enjoy pretzels without......
.....some peanut butter!!! My personal favorite way!

I'm having so much fun with Joy! I'm really sorry that I've been falling behind in posts, with my person's Grandma flying out, and Joy's visit, I haven't been able to find the time to blog. Well, I'll try to catch up on my posts, and tell you all about Joy's stay!

Love,
♥Addy Rose♥

*UPDATE ON NEW SISTER*
So, I realized I probably wasn't going to be figuring out anything new, because my parents stopped talking about it. But, the only way to get information was to tell my parents about what I overheard. They said "Don't get your hopes up, Addy Rose. Just because we were talking about transportation doesn't mean that we will be adopting her, whoever it is, soon. We will be adopting this year, but we were just trying to figure out if we had the money to get us to wherever she is. The adoption agency hasn't called us back yet. When they do, we'll tell you." That wasn't exactly what I wanted to hear. I wanted it to be where we knew who she is, her location, and when my parents are going to pick her up. Oh well. I'll just have to wait. I HATE WAITING!!!! 
    



  
   
















































                                                                                

No comments:

Post a Comment